Six days to go…to the due date that is. I can’t even believe it. The last few days have been interesting to say the least. With the ever surging emotions and the thoughts of possibly being induced early, I have been handling it as best that I can.
Why you ask might I be induced early? Well, Sneaky B is giving me high blood pressure, not always, but sometimes and not high enough to be considered preeclampsia but high enough to go have testing twice a week. It’s all good, I will do what ever is best for me and baby, even if that is collecting urine for 24 hours and peeing into a dixie cup twice a week. By the way, every time I do this I “barf up” as Kiddo says…delightful yes?
Then there is the “comfort” of being almost 10 months pregnant (if you haven’t been pregnant before, it’s not 9 months like everyone says…40 weeks is 10 months friends. 10 months!). Those of you with kids know what I am talking about I am sure. The “comfort” of sleeping at night. The moaning when you sit or stand or move or not move. Leaking of all parts of your body. GROSS…
How about a few tears when Kiddo says “Mommy I don’t want you to stay overnight at the hospital” and realizing that this will be the first time I am not at home with Kiddo all night. Why is that? Wow she’s four and a half and I have never spent a night away from her, is that possible? It is. I’m not sure this is okay. Hubby has but only because of work and maybe only twice. Note to self: When Sneaky B is old enough Hubby and I need a weekend away!
Since we have been hanging low lately, I have been able to nest like no bodies business, and I have also been able to think of a few more hindsights. You know things that should have maybe been signs that I was pregnant (read this is you don’t know our story)
- In December we went to a super fun birthday party (Kiddo’s social life) where we rode in a double decker bus and wore super fun fascinators, I felt so car sick on that bus, it took everything I had not to get sick…
- In January and February Hubby and I were working out every evening together and I could not do one stinking sit up. Not one! Hindsight…there was a baby growing in that belly!
- The mysterious flu I had in February, the one where I has throwing up daily, but had no other systems…hello Molly!
- I can specifically remember my aunt Anita saying to me in early February that my skin was “glowing.” My reaction, “Thanks, ever since we became vegan my skin has been really clear”… LOL
And I am feeling the need to share some of the “delightfulness” of pregnancy, like:
- When your belly is so big, you feel like a contortionist going to the bathroom
- You are a pro at peeing in a small dixie cup
- Having no energy to play with Kiddo in the afternoon so you hang out watching Disney Jr for hours and you realize you actually enjoy this (oye I need to get out!)
- The above is making you cry while writing this part of post, poor Kiddo is watching way to much tv
- You don’t mind standing still anywhere holding your belly while having a “false” contraction
- You can’t keep your hands off your belly, really you can’t
- You don’t mind getting weighed at the doc anymore, because your belly covers the numbers up 🙂
- You leak…
I could go on and on, but that will get boring and this is already a bit of a rant. I must say I am really truly so excited to be having another baby. It’s been a whirlwind for sure, four and a half months of knowing your pregnant and it’s basically time, but we are so happy and can’t wait to meet our little Sneaky B any day now. Sorry this was a little more TMI than my norm and all about baby business, but it’s our world right now. Happy day!
3 thoughts on “almost there!”
Can’t wait to be Nanny again !! Love Mom
I am over the moon excited for you al! Can’t wait to see big sister and little sister together!