I like to consider myself a June Cleaver of the 21st century. Not only do I love the vintage vibe but I like to have my home in order all the time. This doesn’t alway happen, but I go bonkers when it’s not done. If there is laundry to be folded and I don’t do it before leaving for the day, I think about it the entire time I am out of the house. That being said, I do a few very un-June things occasionally to get it done. So here we go…. Confession of a June Clever want-to-be….
1. Sometimes when the dishwasher is full of clean dishes, it’s 11 at night and there are just 5 larger dishes that need to be washed; I will put away enough of the clean dishes to fit the few dirties in and start the dishwasher again. That way I can wake up to a clean kitchen.
2. There are days that I will just spray the can of pledge around, that way the house smells clean and therefore I think it’s been dusted.
3. Some days I will get dressed up just to vacuum. Pearls, heels, maybe even a cute dress. (Okay this doesn’t happen to often anymore, but it used to)
4. Sometimes I rewash clothes instead of putting them away. Horrible but true.
5. Most of the time I dust only as high as by tallest friend.
6. When I am going to have company for dinner, I set the table first thing that morning, that way it “looks” like I am organized and ready to go, even thought I may not be.
7. If there is a tupperware container that has been in the fridge a little to long with left overs and it has started to grow a bit, I will toss the entire thing instead of just washing it out.
8. Since Hubby wears a suit jacket everyday, I only iron the collar, cuffs and the center front. Sorry Hubby
9. Never underestimate the power of dim lighting. It’s amazing how much cleaner your home looks in dim lighting. Hence all my lamps have 40 watt bulbs or lower.
10. Never have guests arrive right before sunset (or whenever the sun is hitting your windows). It’s amazing how dirty the windows look when they are in direct sunlight.
I am sure there are many many more, but for now these are my confessions. Do you have any June Cleaver confessions to share? I would love to hear them.
Sprinklings of my reality: read them all here