How can it be September? Time sure does fly these days and I really have to think about what we have been doing this summer. We did a bunch of swimming and playing with friends. Jelly Bean factory and Zoo visits. Visiting family and friends in Sebastopol. No real vacation or family trip anywhere, we didn’t even make it to the beach, which is truly just wrong!
I was feeling a bit left out, for about a minute. Then I realized my “to do” list is out of control! In my “past life” (in my world that means before child) this amount of work would not have fazed me for a second. But today, breath… it’s a lot! How do people work, be a parent, a wife, keeps the household running and work on a home business too? How do you find balance?
Excited! I am super excited with all of my up and coming craziness! The day after my birthday in July, timing just felt right to “go for it.” I don’t know how to explain it, but I knew the timing was right to apply for a art/craft show, and I got it! I knew the timing was right to jump into freelance design work, and I got it! I knew the timing was right to say “yes no problem” to the school board, and I got those too! I knew the timing was right to start an online Etsy business with my mom, and we are working on that! Everything is falling into place.
So here it is, the master “to do” list:
- Davis Art Center Holiday Art Show, Vintage Princess by M.E. is a vendor, November 30, December 1 & 2.
- Freelance design and drawing for SF interior designer’s furniture & lighting collection
- DPNS school board VP or External Affairs & Ad Hoc Alumni Fundraising Campaign co-chair
- Pink Floor Studio on Etsy with mom, coming in October!
- Normal life, wife, mommy, June Clever & Martha Stewart want-to-be
Breath… It’s only five items, should not be that bad. I will keep telling myself this! Breath… How do I find balance and time to do all this? Breath… How do I stay on track? Breath… How do you find balance in your life with all the projects?